What is the Ghazali children’s project?
The aim of the Ghazali Children’s Project is to support children:
• in their ability to recognize and maintain their innate human dignity.
• in realizing nobility of character through imitation of the Prophetic qualities realized by understanding, loving, and practicing the inner dimensions of all outward acts – to stop simply just “going through the motions”.
• in becoming aware of their True Selves and in identifying with this pure aspect of their being rather than with the lower, false, egoic and separative nature which is centered on itself [al-nafs alammara].
• in becoming self-observant and self-correcting.
• in living life with humility and in service.
Abu Hamid al-Ghazali’s timeless teachings are the foundation of the Ghazali Children’s Project.
Learn more about the scholar’s influential life and works as explained by Hamza Yusuf, Islamic scholar and president of Zaytuna College.
Books, Workbooks, and Curricula
The Ghazali Children’s Project has released children’s editions of Books 1-7 of the Ihya, complete with workbooks, curricula, and supplementary materials for children of all ages.
Children’s Website and Resource Library
The Ghazali Children’s website features games, activities, and videos to enhance the lessons learned in the books. The Parent/Teacher resource library is an easily-searchable compendium of materials created by parents and teachers around the world.
International Scholarly Board
Internationally-renowned scholars have contributed to the Project and work to ensure that the English translations and children’s editions retain the essential meanings of Ghazali’s original writings.
what parents are saying
“With every chapter we read, I can see my kids realising the mistakes they make and have a desire to correct themselves… just so their hearts are shiny. We thank you for your effort on behalf of our family and wish you immense success!“ ― Rahin “Although my kids are learning Quran, hadith, Islamic manners, etc… I feel their view of reality is somewhat skewed, partly because we are to blame and also I feel a very important link is broken from the education system. So I have decided to take matters in my own hands before it is too late. I believe the Ghazali program will help shape the correct reality for our children.” ― Mouna Read More
Language versions of the project will be available soon. Translations in 6 languages are already available.
Schools have piloted the project since it began in 2016.
Copies distributed worldwide.
Donate to the Project
The Ghazali Children’s Project is brought to you by Fons Vitae. Fons Vitae is a peer-reviewed, non-profit 501(c)(3) interfaith publishing house. If you would like to make a donation specifically to the Ghazali Children’s Project simply follow the instructions on the Donate page. Donate ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________